Scientific evidence shows that some dietary supplements are beneficial for overall health and for managing some health conditions. For example, calcium and vitamin D are important for keeping bones strong and reducing bone loss; folic acid decreases the risk of certain birth defects; and omega-3 fatty acids from fish oils might help some people with heart disease. Other supplements need more study to determine their value.
Feeling tired and generally bad ? Your body may need some help. Probably your alimentation does not provide the required amount of vitamins for your body to function properly. In this case we strongly recommend to supplement your diet with some natural multi vitamins and other natural food supplements.
The vast majority of adults in the world take one or more dietary supplements either every day or occasionally. Today’s dietary supplements include vitamins, minerals, herbals and botanicals, amino acids, enzymes, and many other products. Dietary supplements come in a variety of forms: traditional tablets, capsules, and powders, as well as drinks and energy bars. Popular supplements include vitamins D and E; minerals like calcium and iron; herbs such as echinacea and garlic; and specialty products like glucosamine, probiotics, and fish oils.
JR Life Sciences is online distributor of vitamins, minerals and various Vitamins in Singapore. We have more than 20 years of experience serving the local community quality health supplements. We are also the exclusive importer & distributor for a wide range of world’s leading brands of multivitamins, antioxidants, fish oil etc. serving consumers in Singapore as well as in other countries. Our products are 100% natural supplements which cleanses and vitalizes the body holistically to improve body immunity & wellness.
In this world that is under attack by pollution, bad air quality, bad water quality and what else people are turning to natural health supplements , as a clean healp for the body’s fight in search for good health.
Armed with over 30 years of experience in the health food industry, Ricky founded JR Life Sciences Pte Ltd in 2007. The company is the exclusive importer and distributor of leading Canadian-based “Holista” and “Webber Naturals” health supplements, serving consumers in Singapore.
While the former brand produces quality natural health products that include both supplements and topical treatments, the latter produces a wide range of health supplements specially for consumers who prefer more natural healthcare options.
Featured Products: Multivitamins Singapore. Holistic Way Multi-Vitamins and Minerals is a potent combination of essential vitamins and minerals that supports the body’s daily functions. The use of multi vitamins is especially useful in our modern daily lifestyle where stress and pollution may take a toll on our body’s daily health. The formula contains important antioxidants that may help keep the body free from radical damage caused by environmental pollution and may also help provide a boost in our body’s energy levels.
Featured Products: Antioxidants Singapore. PEROXISOME PROLIFERATOR-ACTIVATED RECEPTOR (PPARs) CS-W87 Micro-Algae is a complete micro-nourishment food source derived from high grade natural micro-algae which scientists call “The Perfect Cell Food” for the enormous health benefits that it brings. Rich in natural PPARs Agonists and Chlorella Growth Factor (CGF) for the regulation of cell development and metabolism, it is a perfect source of natural cell nutrition. Suitable for people of all ages from infants to elderly, this readily digestible alkaline micro-algae brings all the body’s needed nutrients that supports the immune system. PPARs CS-W87 is a proprietary micro-algae species which is a natural green superfood with a complete nutritional profile rich in Vitamins, Minerals, Chlorophyll and Chlorella Growth Factor.
Antioxidants are molecules that inhibit the oxidation of other molecules and protect the body from the effects of free radicals.
Free radicals, produced either through normal cellular metabolism, or as a result of pollution and exposure to other external factors, are responsible for premature aging of the body and play a role in cardiovascular or degenerative diseases (cataracts, Alzheimer’s disease, cancer).
The main antioxidants are vitamins A, C and E, selenium, zinc, coenzyme Q10, beta-carotene, lycopene, lutein, enzymes superoxide dismutase (SOD) and glutathione peroxidase (GPx).
What role do antioxidants play in the body? In short, antioxidants impede the aging process of cells in the body, prevent the occurrence of serious diseases and help maintain a better health.
Due to their action against free radicals, antioxidants are also beauty allies, anti-aging products having various antioxidants on the list of ingredients: vitamin C, vitamin E, green tea, grape seed extract, coenzyme Q10, SOD.
Types of antioxidants
– Natural enzyme antioxidants (superoxide dismutase, glutathione peroxidase, catalase and methionine reductase) are produced by the body and have the role of breaking down and eliminating free radicals.
– Non-ezymatic antioxidants (vitamin C, vitamin E, beta-carotene) control the chain reactions of free radicals.
Which are the best antioxidants
– Glutathione is an enzyme that the body produces by itself and is the most powerful antioxidant in the body. It protects cells from oxidative stress, helps in detoxification and increases the performance of other antioxidants. As you get older, your body’s ability to produce this antioxidant decreases.
– Superoxide dismutase (SOD) is a group of antioxidant enzymes produced by the body that neutralize free radicals. Some anti-aging cosmetics contain SOD.
– Alpha-lipoic acid is one of the most important antioxidants. It is involved in the production of energy at the cellular level, protects the cells from the action of free radicals, can be easily transported to the brain, but also has the ability to stimulate the production of other antioxidants in the body (glutathione, coenzyme Q10).
– Vitamin C prevents oxidation, stimulates collagen production, protects proteins and lipids in the body and stabilizes DNA. We find it in oranges, lemons, grapefruit, pineapple, kiwi, papaya, berries, tomatoes, peppers, broccoli.
– Vitamin E protects against the action of free radicals, accelerates cell regeneration and strengthens the immune system. Vegetable oils, whole grains, nuts, peanuts, eggs, spinach are all natural sources of vitamin E.
– Carotenoids – beta-carotene, lutein, lycopene, zeaxanthin – are powerful antioxidants, which especially help the eyes and skin. Foods rich in carotenoids are carrots, sweet potatoes, tomatoes, yellow and red peppers, spinach, broccoli, basil, mint, apricots, peaches and melons.
– Selenium is one of the main minerals, with antioxidant properties and an important role in the functioning of the brain. Selenium-rich foods include beef, chicken and pork, seafood and whole grain bread.
– Coenzyme Q10 is an antioxidant that helps the immune system, nervous system and heart activity and reduces the signs of aging. As we get older, the body is increasingly catalyzing coenzyme Q10, but we can take it from supplements and foods such as fatty fish, chicken and beef, nuts and seeds.